Saturday, March 10, 2012

15 miles.....but Ive only done 13.1 thus far...

So mixed up my run schedule this weekend so to be able to run with the Redlands Runegages. It was my first time running 15 miles. We met at the Redlands Panera at 5am and started off with a 5 mile circle which ended at Panera around 6am. Once everyone was at Panera, a new cycle started with more people and we went on a long 10 mile run. It was wonderful. I ran into someone from my program and we ended up both having the same running pace which was nice. So we ran and enjoyed the views while caught up. I have to admit I was a bit discouraged in the morning stint because everyone that did the 5 mile run was at a much faster pace than I was. It was great to run with someone who was the same pace and not feel as though I was holding people up. I got to see several areas of Redlands I had never seen and it was a beautiful day….and that was only the start of the day!

I gotta say great first experience for 15 miles!

No comments:

Post a Comment