Friday, March 16, 2012

the aftermath of the 15 mile- run

So after my 15 mile run....i needed to recover. I needed to eat (got really hungry the next day) and i needed to STRETCH!!!...I ended up postponing my Sunday run to Monday just because I was still tired from the 15 mile.

So on Monday I went to the gym and ran 3miles followed by some strength training. Tuesday morning run was a bit of a wash. I got up early to do 3miles, but with the time change found it difficult to get up in time- I ended up being able to just do 1 mile before having to get ready to head to San Diego for my taxes. Yet I will say later that day I walked with my friend to Hulda Crooks Park (~2miles, 4mile round trip) and played tennis for about 2 hours...so I feel that more than made up for my missing 2 miles..

Wednesday I repeated my "feel-good" 5 mile run, which felt good :) I really enjoy that track. The beginning of my run was difficult, my legs felt like lead but after about 1.5 miles my legs felt better and I got into my stride. Unlike my last 5mile (which was under 60 minutes), this was about 5 minutes over but it still felt good :)

Today (friday) is a nice overcast day and as I start my day in the coffee shop, I am very grateful for what God has given in my life. Things in life are great! I plan on going to the gym today for my 3 mile and some strength training....until next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment